您现在的位置是:休閑 >>正文
【】
休閑278人已围观
简介YouTube is still dealing with headaches related to extremist and otherwise hateful videos infesting ...
YouTube is still dealing with headaches related to extremist and otherwise hateful videos infesting its site. 。
Parent company Google's most recent attempt at a fix addresses content that exists in a sort of gray area -- it doesn't violate the site's policies per se but it does "contain controversial religious or supremacist content." 。
In those cases, the videos will now be relegated to a "limited state," a purgatory where they'll be less visible to the casual browser, never appear in automated recommendations, and lose out on features like comments, likes, and suggested videos. 。
SEE ALSO:Brands that fled YouTube over hate videos are already back。Oftentimes, videos that YouTube simply takes down are subsequently re-uploaded with tweaks meant to shield them from detection by the site's automated tracking. This new soft ban seems to be an attempt to avoid that game of whack-a-mole.。

The move comes as the site is taking a more aggressive stance towards redlining controversial videos from its advertisers. The effort started when hundreds of major brands staged a boycott from the site this spring following reports their ads had been attached to hate group and terrorist propaganda.。
Thanks for signing up!。
The boycott ended up having little financial impact on Google, but it's still facing pressure to clean up the site. The United Kingdom's home secretary, Amber Rudd, traveled to San Francisco this week to urge Google and other tech giants to do more to combat extremism on their platforms.。
Google's previous efforts include beefing up its video policing staffs and introducing machine learning to better recognize and root out patterns common among certain types of videos.。
The company said Thursday that it will also start more widely implementing a program that redirects people who search for extremist videos to a set playlist of content meant to counter those messages.。
It's also bringing on more than 15 NGOs to shape its efforts going forward, including the Anti-Defamation League, the No Hate Speech Movement, and the Institute for Strategic Dialogue. 。
Some popular YouTube users say Google's efforts have gone too far, blocking legitimate content that's unfairly judged from collecting ad money. Matan Uziel, who runs a channel featuring survivors of sexual assault talking about their traumatic experiences, says his videos have been blocked since the crackdown began despite his repeated appeals to the company.。
Featured Video For You。
Featured Video For You。
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/04e4499951.html
相关文章
This company is hiring someone just to drink all day
休閑For the non-Don Drapers among us, drinking at work is a far-off fantasy. But UK company ILoveGin wan ...
【休閑】
阅读更多Cat brings home live bat, absolute chaos ensues
休閑Cats do the darndest things.For example, Twitter user NickMillerr_'s cat, Nala, decided it would be ...
【休閑】
阅读更多Trump's VP tweet makes history
休閑Through a terrible twist of fate, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made hist ...
【休閑】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Florida hurricane forecast remains uncertain, but trends in state's favor
- How the Air Jordan XXXI became a high
- Flower girl goes rogue during wedding vows
- Shop workers laugh at woman's shorts, she responds with kindness
- WhatsApp announces plans to share user data with Facebook
- Moziah Bridges, Amber Kelley among speakers at ‘Kid Talks’
最新文章
Pole vaulter claims his penis is not to blame
Moziah Bridges, Amber Kelley among speakers at ‘Kid Talks’
Make your own blowing bubbles and then get drunk off them
A proper eulogy for Nils Sjoberg, Taylor Swift's pseudonym
Tourist survives for month in frozen New Zealand wilderness after partner dies
Incredible photo and video show a microburst dumping rain and wind over Phoenix