您现在的位置是:時尚 >>正文
【】
時尚4人已围观
简介A Syrian refugee who made headlines after he took a selfie with German Chancellor Angela Merkel is s ...
A Syrian refugee who made headlines after he took a selfie with German Chancellor Angela Merkel is suing Facebook for its alleged failure to remove photos falsely linking him to terrorism.
SEE ALSO:Clutching their child, refugee couple lies down on train track in desperate protest19-year-old Anas Modamani took the pic of himself with Merkel in September 2015 at a refugee shelter in Berlin.
That image, along with others taken by press agencies, was widely used by media outlets and social media users to comment on Germany's response to the refugee crisis.
However, in at least three different cases his image was doctored by trolls in order to falsely link him to terrorism and crimes.

Modamani was mistakenly identified as one of the men responsible for the bomb attack at Brussels Airport last year. His image was Photoshopped on to a photo of the truck used in the Christmas market terror attack in Berlin along with the words "Es sind Merkels Tote" ("They are Merkel's dead"). And he was accused of being one of seven men who tried to set a homeless man on fire in Berlin.
Credit: screengrab from Jun Rechtsanwälte videoModamani disabled his Facebook account and hired attorney Chan-jo Jun to take a case seeking an injunction "to prevent Facebook from publishing the slanderous image of the Syrian refugee Anas Modamani in the context of terrorist attacks."
In the video below, the lawyer said the original post about the homeless arson case had been shared by around 500 people, and likely to have been seen by 25,000 to 50,000 people.
This isn't the first time Chan-jo Jun has taken on Facebook. In November 2016 he initiated an investigation against Mark Zuckerberg and other Facebook executives for failing to remove hate speech even once it was aware of the violations of German law.
Regarding Modmani, a Facebook representative said: "We received a takedown request from Mr Jun alleging that a specific item of content on our platform violates Mr Modamani's right of personality. Access to that reported content was quickly disabled, so we do not believe there is any basis for him to seek an injunction."
Featured Video For You
Even Fox News is defending CNN against Trump
TopicsFacebook
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/20f5699923.html
相关文章
Teacher absolutely nails it with new homework policy
時尚The war against homework has begun. 。A massive pile of homework after a long day at school is enough ...
【時尚】
阅读更多Sarcastic kid has the most cynical joke about what will happen when she turns 100
時尚Cynical. Sarcastic. Ironic. All words not typically used to describe the contents of a kid's drawing ...
【時尚】
阅读更多Don't get too excited about the possibility of "President Oprah"
時尚So, there have been a few headlines going around on Wednesday claiming Oprah Winfrey is "rethinking" ...
【時尚】
阅读更多
热门文章
- One of the most controversial power struggles in media comes to a close
- Mayonnaise cafes? Ew
- The real stories of the NASA women celebrated in Lego form
- Sorry Queen Elizabeth, this American claims to be your rightful heir
- Australian football makes history with first LGBT Pride Game
- Someone like boo: Adele confirms she's put a ring on it while discussing #feels
最新文章
Michael Phelps says goodbye to the pool with Olympic gold
Obamas sign book deal worth 'tens of millions'
Watch this Texas sports anchor elegantly attack transphobic state laws
You guys, giraffe births are horrifying. Look away.
Researchers create temporary tattoos you can use to control your devices
Fun dad allows family dog to get a very unfortunate haircut
