您现在的位置是:探索 >>正文
【】
探索834人已围观
简介UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will h ...
UPDATE: Feb. 11, 2020, 3:32 p.m. CET A report from Spanish outlet La Vanguardia says the GSMA will hold a meeting on Friday, Feb 14. to decide whether to cancel the MWC in Barcelona altogether this year.
Intel, Vivo and NTT Docomo have joined the growing list of companies who have completely or partially withdrawn from this year's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Previously, Amazon, Ericsson, LG, Nvidia, Sony, TCL and ZTE said they will not attend (or will significantly scale down their presence) due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Vivo, the latest to withdraw, said on Tuesday it has "decided to withdraw from our debut at MWC 2020 and other related events later this month in Barcelona, Spain."
"The health and safety of our employees and the public are our top priority," a Vivo spokesperson said via email.
The company originally planned to announce its Apex 2020 concept phone at the MWC; now, it'll be introduced "soon."
Intel cited the "safety and wellbeing" of employees as its reasoning for completely withdrawing from the event, and NTT released a similar statement.
Besides these major exhibitors, a number of smaller companies, including Accedian and Amdocs, have also confirmed to Mashable their withdrawal from this year's MWC.
SEE ALSO:Mobile World Congress will be a ghost town this yearThe MWC 2020 takes place in Barcelona from February 24-27. It's a major mobile technology and telecommunications event with a typical attendance of more than 100,000. But this year, the coronavirus outbreak, which has so far taken 1,016 lives and infected more than 43,000 people globally, has prompted numerous exhibitors and participants to withdraw from the event.
MWC's organizer, the GSMA, has introduced stringent measures to reduce the danger, including temperature screening, banning access to travelers from China's Hubei province, and requiring all travelers who have been in China to demonstrate proof they have been outside of China for at least 14 days. At the time of writing, the event is officially still on.
TopicsMobile World CongressCOVID-19
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/33c51599451.html
相关文章
Tesla's rumored P100D could make Ludicrous mode even more Ludicrous
探索A Tesla Model S P100D begs the question: What's more Ludicrous than Ludicrous?Right now, the biggest ...
【探索】
阅读更多Alone tonight? Why not go on a date with Amazon's Alexa?
探索Still haven't landed a date with Mr. or Ms. Right for tonight? Don't worry, you don't need to be alo ...
【探索】
阅读更多'This is Us' showed us Rebecca and Jack's wedding, and yup we're crying
探索While the title of this episode was “I Call Marriage,” the underlying theme was loss. Fi ...
【探索】
阅读更多
热门文章
- What brands need to know about virtual reality
- 15 years later, 'For Honor' has gone from losing pitch to winning game
- Critics heap praise upon 'Fifty Shades Darker'
- South Park are laying off Donald Trump, because they 'can't keep up'
- New Zealand designer's photo series celebrates the elegance of aging
- Prime Minister's Twitter circle generates debate in the Parliament
最新文章
J.K. Rowling makes 'Harry Potter' joke about Olympics event
Sophie Turner from 'Game of Thrones' goes full Sansa on Donald Trump
Attention Lorne Michaels: We've got a taker to play Betsy DeVos on 'SNL'
Google is finally fixing a creepy Gmail security bug
17 questions you can answer if you're a good communicator
Here are all the best Super Bowl commercials in one place