您现在的位置是:熱點 >>正文
【】
熱點4256人已围观
简介UFC superstar Conor McGregor's next fight is scheduled for July 9. The Irish mixed martial arts mast ...
UFC superstar Conor McGregor's next fight is scheduled for July 9. The Irish mixed martial arts master is supposed to take on Nate Diaz, who last month dealt McGregor his first pro loss in six years.
But will the fight actually happen? No one seems to know after McGregor posted a cryptic tweet Tuesday in which he said he's "decided to retire young."
SEE ALSO:Hollywood night: Kobe Bryant hits for 60 in surreal final NBA gameThe post predictably sent ripples throughout the MMA world, gathering more than 110,000 retweets in less than five hours.
I have decided to retire young.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 19, 2016
Thanks for the cheese.
Catch ya's later.
McGregor's tweet came out of nowhere. Neither he nor his camp had offered any context or additional information at the time of this writing.
Just one day prior, McGregor had posted a tweet alluding to training for his upcoming rematch with Diaz, as well as one commemorating his first big win.
Back in the land of Ice for some good training at Mjolnir!! #TheIceViking pic.twitter.com/zXKy3vN6Qv
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 18, 2016
My first World Title. July 2012.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 18, 2016
Nothing in my pocket but holes. pic.twitter.com/RnenUcOEVm
So what gives? UFC did not immediately respond to Mashable's request for comment. Like we said, there's been no movement from McGregor's side either.
McGregor has cultivated a persona as a troll who loves to antagonize opponents, fans, media and the world at large. Is he just messing around here? Is he trying to leverage a bigger payday from the fight?
SEE ALSO:Behold The Mountain from 'Game of Thrones' sparring with a UFC champThere's also another possibility. Last week, an MMA fighter named Joao Carvalho died two days after a getting badly beaten in a fight. The fight was in Dublin, Ireland, where McGregor is from, and McGregor had been watching ringside. He addressed Carvalho's death in a heartfelt Facebook post last Tuesday.
"To see a young man doing what he loves, competing for a chance at a better life, and then to have it taken away is truly heartbreaking," McGregor wrote. "We are just men and women doing something we love in the hope of a better life for ourselves and our families. Nobody involved in combat sports of any kind wants to see this. It is such a rare occurrence that I don't know how to take this."
Carvalho's death came just weeks after McGregor was choked out by Diaz, suffering his first loss in years and perhaps getting a frightening reminder of his own mortality as well. Here's a shot of Diaz celebrating, his face covered in blood, after beating McGregor.
A bloody shocker. #NateDiaz wins #UFC196 pic.twitter.com/jI2UqZqVCD
— Getty Images Sport (@GettySport) March 6, 2016
That's the guy who won the fight.
So, to recap, we're talking about a sport in which the victors emerge covered in blood, the losers often get choked out and recently one young man lost his life after losing a fight.
Maybe McGregor is just trolling here. Maybe he's holding out for a bigger payday. But if he is for real -- can you really blame him?
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/40d9499865.html
相关文章
Two states took big steps this week to get rid of the tampon tax
熱點This week was a big one for those advocating against a tampon tax.。 First, on Thursday, California t ...
【熱點】
阅读更多臘肉香幹炒萵筍的做法
熱點每天上班累成狗 ?一到周末睡成豬 ?這樣的生活遲早剝奪了你的健康 。雖然一周五天的工作很辛苦 ,但是周末是否該犒勞一下自己的胃呢 ?這時你需要安心地給自己做幾個好吃的菜品。對於此,小編就來為大家介紹一下臘肉香幹 ...
【熱點】
阅读更多抹茶櫻花蛋糕卷的做法
熱點天天在家吃飯 ,你或許有點偏食厭食.食欲不振了 ,這也許是因為你家的飯菜太過於單一 ,又或者是味道不好。這時的你,需要重新定義下“做菜的標準”。下麵,就請跟著小編一起來學習如果做好抹茶櫻花蛋糕卷1.將鹽漬櫻 ...
【熱點】
阅读更多