您现在的位置是:熱點 >>正文
【】
熱點592人已围观
简介The U.S. intelligence agencies aren't thrilled about the idea of U.S. citizens using phones from cer ...
The U.S. intelligence agencies aren't thrilled about the idea of U.S. citizens using phones from certain Chinese manufacturers.
According to a CNBC report, the heads of six intelligence agencies -- including the CIA, FBI and NSA -- told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that they wouldn't recommend U.S. citizens to use products or services from China's Huawei or ZTE.
SEE ALSO:Huawei's ambitious plans to compete with the iPhone in the U.S. derailed (for now)"We're deeply concerned about the risks of allowing any company or entity that is beholden to foreign governments (...) to gain positions of power inside our telecommunications networks," said FBI Director Christopher Wray. "It provides the capacity to maliciously modify or steal information. And it provides the capacity to conduct undetected espionage."
ZTE, another smartphone/telecommunications giant with strong ties to China's government, has also been named as problematic during the hearing.
This is in line with a recent Bloombergreport, which said that Verizon has dropped plans to sell Huawei phones in the U.S. due to pressure from the government. Huawei has been labeled as a spy threat as far back as 2012, when it was primarily a network equipment manufacturer. The company invariably denied the spying allegations.
"Huawei is aware of a range of U.S. government activities seemingly aimed at inhibiting Huawei's business in the U.S. market. Huawei is trusted by governments and customers in 170 countries worldwide and poses no greater cybersecurity risk than any ICT vendor," a Huawei spokesman told Mashable. It's worth noting that nearly all popular smartphones, including Apple's iPhone, are almost entirely made in China, though admittedly Apple has the ability to thoroughly control what goes inside its phones.
Last week, Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton and Florida Senator Marco Rubio introduced a bill that would block the U.S. government from buying or leasing network equipment from Huawei or ZTE.
Huawei, which is now the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, had big plans for expansion into the U.S. market this year, but with no deal with a U.S. carrier in place (AT&T pulled out of a deal about a month before Verizon did), following through with those plans will be a tall order.
Featured Video For You
This 3D technology could be the future of FaceTime
TopicsHuawei
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/42d53399424.html
相关文章
Tesla's rumored P100D could make Ludicrous mode even more Ludicrous
熱點A Tesla Model S P100D begs the question: What's more Ludicrous than Ludicrous?Right now, the biggest ...
【熱點】
阅读更多Everyone but the Chinese are worried about Matt Damon in 'The Great Wall'
熱點The marketing wheels are turning ahead of the premiere of one of China's biggest budget movies ever, ...
【熱點】
阅读更多PewDiePie just trolled everyone in the dumbest way possible
熱點How does one become a master at trolling? Perhaps by taking notes from top YouTuber PewDiePie, who c ...
【熱點】
阅读更多
热门文章
- Fiji wins first
- India's largest telecom network Airtel announces plans for free voice calls
- Jerks stole photos from Maisie Williams' private Facebook account
- Instagram is changing comments in a big way
- 'Rocket League' Championship Series Season 2 offers $250,000 prize pool
- Watch Hawaii become a winter wonderland
最新文章
Wikipedia co
India's largest telecom network Airtel announces plans for free voice calls
Passport system rejects this dude's photo for a pretty racist reason
Surprise! Taylor Swift and Zayn team up for '50 Shades Darker' soundtrack
Snapchat is about to explode in popularity, report says
Larry Bird just turned 60, so let's talk about his iconic 60