您现在的位置是:綜合 >>正文
【】
綜合99人已围观
简介A few months after the NBA pulled its 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina over the s ...
A few months after the NBA pulled its 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina over the state's controversial anti-LGBT law known as House Bill 2, the NCAA has followed suit. The NCAA has pulled seven different championship events from the state.
SEE ALSO:North Carolina students allowed to use restrooms matching their gender identity, judge rulesThe NCAA made the announcement on Monday evening. The highest profile event to be yanked is a set of first and second round games from next year's NCAA men's basketball tournament (the annual "March Madness") and the 2016 Division I Women's soccer championship, scheduled to be held in December.
Tweet may have been deleted
Here's a full list of the events.
Tweet may have been deleted
House Bill 2 excludes sexual orientation and gender identity from the statewide anti-discrimination policy and supersedes any local anti-discrimination policies. The law also requires transgender people to use the bathroom corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificate.
In a statement posted online, NCAA president Mark Emmert said, "We believe in providing a safe and respectful environment at our events and are committed to providing the best experience possible for college athletes, fans and everyone taking part in our championships."
The statement goes on to list four specific reasons for pulling the championships from North Carolina, three of which specifically cite the anti-LGBT law and the fourth listing the five states that have prohibited travel to North Carolina by "public employees and representatives of public institutions" due to the anti-LGBT bills (New York, Minnesota, Washington, Vermont and Connecticut).
Tweet may have been deleted
While the NBA has awarded the 2017 All-Star Game to New Orleans and said it will reconsider bringing the All-Star Game back to Charlotte in 2019, the NCAA doesn't mention where the affected championships will be relocated to.
But those sites will be chosen from a list of candidates who filled out questionnaires earlier this year.
TopicsLGBTQ
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/57d8999853.html
相关文章
Is Samsung's Galaxy Note7 really the best phone?
綜合On this week's 。 MashTalk 。, Lance, Pete and I talk about the new hot smartphone in town: Samsung's Ga ...
【綜合】
阅读更多Don't wanna wait for water to boil? Try this clever hack, ya lazy doofus.
綜合A lot of science fiction writers had theories about the future but sadly most of those things aren&r ...
【綜合】
阅读更多Chrissy Teigen accidentally showed her nipple on Snapchat and handled it like a champ
綜合Chrissy Teigen finally revealed the terrible, terrible shame of her anatomy.。Teigen went on Snapchat ...
【綜合】
阅读更多
热门文章
- MashReads Podcast: What makes a good summer read?
- Newspaper's terrible NSFW headline is a prime example of why you should always proofread
- LinkedIn's Smart Replies predicts how you'll respond to messages
- Disney researchers are working on fireworks you can 'feel'
- Dog elected for third term as mayor of Minnesota town
- Ugh, Ted Cruz cracked a 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' joke during his debate with Bernie Sanders
最新文章
Major earthquake and multiple aftershocks rock central Italy
People on Twitter drag reporter who claims nobody goes to libraries anymore
George H.W. Bush may be elderly. That doesn't excuse his behavior.
3 women of color sue Uber over gender and race
This company is hiring someone just to drink all day
Original Xbox games are coming to Xbox One, and you can use old discs to play them