您现在的位置是:焦點 >>正文
【】
焦點2411人已围观
简介A GoFundMe campaign launched last month to pay for President Trump's border wall raised over $20 mil ...
A GoFundMe campaign launched last month to pay for President Trump's border wall raised over $20 million from more than 300,000 donors. But that wasn't nearly enough.
Brian Kolfage, the campaign's founder, assured donors Friday that because the campaign didn't reach its $1 billion goal, they would be refunded. However, Kolfage announced he's still determined to build the wall on his own. Kolfage said in an update to the GoFundMe campaign page that he's formed a non-profit corporation named "We Build the Wall, Inc." That outfit will use donations to privately build "significant segments of the wall."
Donors to the GoFundMe campaign can either choose to accept their refund or request their donation be redirected to the newly established corporation.
SEE ALSO:Stephen Colbert is back, and had a field day roasting Trump’s government shutdown"We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border,"Kolfage wrote.
To manage that task, Kolfage assembled an advisory board that includes retired Air Force Brigadier General Robert S. Spalding III, former politicians Tom Tancredo and Kris Kobach, Fox News contributor Sara Carter, and the controversial ex-sheriff David Alexander Clarke Jr.
Kolfage previously ran a Facebook page called Right Wing News that often circulated conspiracy theories. It was removed by the social media company last year.
Kolfage's announcement comes as federal workers protest the partial government shutdown, which has left 800,000 employees without pay. Trump has insisted the shutdown will continue as long as the federal budget excludes funding for his $5 billion wall.
In the meantime, Kolfage will be working to build his so-called "beautiful wall."
Featured Video For You
Congressman Brad Sherman takes step toward impeaching Trump
TopicsSocial GoodDonald TrumpPolitics
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/5c52299472.html
相关文章
There's a big piece of fake chicken stuck to this phone case
焦點If the perfect smartphone case signals a bit about who its owner is, then this silicon fried chicken ...
【焦點】
阅读更多Burning Man co
焦點Larry Harvey, the co-founder of the Burning Man festival who grew it from an event on a San Francisc ...
【焦點】
阅读更多Not everyone's celebrating the royal wedding. Some want the monarchy abolished.
焦點As the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle approaches, you're bound to see lots of posit ...
【焦點】
阅读更多
热门文章
- More than half of women in advertising have faced sexual harassment, report says
- Highly resourceful woman has the wildest birth story of all time
- Facebook won't extend European data privacy protections globally
- Box that unlocks iPhones is the hottest new gadget for police
- Slack goes down again, prompting anxiety everywhere
- The perfect spring cleaning checklist
最新文章
You will love/hate Cards Against Humanity's new fortune cookies
'Game of Thrones' producers on epic Season 8 battle: 'Never been done before'
Mozilla gives iOS users more privacy control with tracking protection
We'll never trust our 'friends' ever again after they sold out our Facebook data
Mom discovers security cameras hacked, kids' bedroom livestreamed
Jimmy Kimmel backs off Sean Hannity feud because there's enough terribleness in the world