您现在的位置是:探索 >>正文
【】
探索98998人已围观
简介UPDATE: March 13, 2020, 11:26 a.m. CET The E3 has officially been canceled. "After careful consultat ...
UPDATE: March 13, 2020, 11:26 a.m. CET The E3 has officially been canceled. "After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry – our fans, our employees, our exhibitors, and our longtime E3 partners – we have made the difficult decision to cancel E3 2020," a note on the official website says.
This year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, better known as E3, has reportedly been cancelled, likely due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The major video game industry event is officially still scheduled for June 9 in Los Angeles, but there's mounting evidence that it's not happening, at least not in its standard format.
Ars Technica cites multiple sources familiar with the Entertainment Software Association (ESA)'s plans (ESA is the organizer of E3), which say the official cancellation is coming soon.
Furthermore, game publisher Devolver Digital posted a message on Twitter Wednesday, urging attendees to cancel their trips.
Tweet may have been deleted
The ESA would not confirm the news to Ars Technica. A notice on the official E3 site says the organization is monitoring and evaluating the situation related to the coronavirus outbreak "daily."
Bloomberg also reported the show is being cancelled, with an official announcement scheduled for 9:30 am PT on March 11.
SEE ALSO:Google's DeepMind is using AI to help scientists understand coronavirusE3 is a massive event for the video gaming industry, with many publishers announcing major new titles. Typical attendance for the event is more than 60,000 people.
The news follows numerous cancellations of major tech events, including MWC, Facebook's F8, Google I/O and SXSW.
The coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, has so far killed more than 4,200 and infected more than 115,800 people. The outbreak has been worsening in the U.S. in recent weeks, with 423 total confirmed cases and 19 deaths.
TopicsE3GamingCOVID-19
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/5e51599479.html
相关文章
Singapore gets world's first driverless taxis
探索SINGAPORE -- The world's first self-driving taxis started picking up passengers in Singapore on Thur ...
【探索】
阅读更多Civil rights activist Rosa Parks and astronaut Sally Ride get their own Barbies
探索Monday was Women's Equality Day. It was also the day that Mattel, the company behind Barbie, release ...
【探索】
阅读更多Lizzo's 'Truth Hurts' inspires a bunch of DNA test memes
探索In case you haven't heard by now, Lizzo is 100 percent "that bitch."You see, in her hit song "Truth ...
【探索】
阅读更多
热门文章
- This German startup wants to be your bank (without being a bank)
- Seth Meyers' Netflix special gives fans a way to skip the Trump jokes
- Tampons will no longer get taxed as luxury goods in Germany
- 'Little Monsters': The sneaky, heart
- Satisfy your Olympics withdrawals with Nike's latest app
- NASA managed to catch a black hole totally annihilating a star
最新文章
Airbnb activates disaster response site for Louisiana flooding
'Last Christmas' wants to give you its heart but it's dead on arrival
Ryan Reynolds trash talks Karen Gillan over fantasy football, gets a brutal response
Lyft's new look lays out all its travel options on one app screen
These glasses hide a fitness tracker on your face
Tim Cook throws shade at Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency