您现在的位置是:焦點 >>正文
【】
焦點3513人已围观
简介An Ohio prosecutor announced on Monday afternoon that there would be no charges against the mother o ...
An Ohio prosecutor announced on Monday afternoon that there would be no charges against the mother of the boy who fell into the gorilla exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo Memorial Day weekend, an incident which caused officials to shoot and kill Harambe, a 17-year-old gorilla.
SEE ALSO:Vigil held for gorilla killed at Cincinnati ZooDuring a press conference on Monday, Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters said, "By all accounts, this mother did not act in any way where she presented this child to some harm. She had three other kids with her and turned her back. I've received dozens of emails about this case and if anyone doesn't believe a 3-year-old can scamper off very quickly, they've never had kids."
According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the boy's mother, Michelle Gregg, took her four children to the zoo on May 28: the boy, 3, and his three sisters, ages 7, 4, and 1.
After Deters' announcement, the family also issued a statement, saying:
"The family is very pleased with this decision; it is what we expected. This is one more step in allowing us to put this tragic episode behind us and return to our normal family life. We extend thanks to all of those who have been praying for us and who have supported us through this trying ordeal and praise to God for His mercy and grace."
While mourners honored Harambe with a vigil on Memorial Day, reaction to both the mother and the zoo's decision to shoot and kill Harambe have been harsh. Animal rights activists have used the incident to elevate their message opposing zoos while social media has been active with criticism of the Greggs.
The zoo has defended its actions, saying it was the first such breach in Gorilla World's 38 years of existence. The exhibit will reopen Tuesday with a higher, reinforced barrier.
While reaction to Monday's announcement on social media has been more muted compared to previous days, it was still filled with criticism of the mother, including a petition for Child Protective Services to intervene that has amassed over 60,000 signatures.
Tweet may have been deleted
Tweet may have been deleted
Legal experts previously told the Associated Press that prosecution on child endangerment or similar charges seems unlikely.
Additional reporting by the Associated Press.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
Tags:
转载:欢迎各位朋友分享到网络,但转载请说明文章出处“夫榮妻貴網”。http://new.maomao321.com/news/89a9999811.html
相关文章
U.S. pole vaulter skids to a halt for national anthem
焦點An American pole vaulter took his patriotism to the next level at the Olympics.。Sam Kendricks, a sec ...
【焦點】
阅读更多Trump is low key taking credit for the Oscars flub because of course he is
焦點Because nothing surprises us anymore, it's with a shrug and an "of course" that we learned President ...
【焦點】
阅读更多The game that reveals how hacktivism thrives when government becomes oppressive
焦點Hacking is well-known in gaming, indicative of a predilection for hacker culture but often without t ...
【焦點】
阅读更多
热门文章
- 'The Flying Bum' aircraft crashes during second test flight
- 'League of Legends' creators sue cheating service, win $10 million
- Trump accuses 'sick' Obama of wiretapping him and his proof is [INSERT PROOF HERE]
- Lorde is back with a euphoric breakup song, 'Green Light'
- Australian football makes history with first LGBT Pride Game
- All the best and worst looks on the Oscars 2017 red carpet
最新文章
Here's George Takei chilling in zero gravity for the 'Star Trek' anniversary
Trump accuses 'sick' Obama of wiretapping him and his proof is [INSERT PROOF HERE]
Hyperloop One begins initial talks with the Indian government
'Arrival' screenwriter's next act after Oscar nomination? A comic book
'Rocket League' Championship Series Season 2 offers $250,000 prize pool
Gary from Chicago deserves a lifetime achievement Oscar